October 10, 2008

I believe

I believe in life. There's nothing else but believing in what your own eyes can see and your heart feels. Mind's job is just a reaction to your instincts and it never helps to find out the truth. That's a fact.

I've said before that things just happens, you don't need to do any effort. Is about your will power, that pure desire, and letting things flow. Then it comes to you.

Here in Brisbane my days have been built by someone else. A week ago I was feeling lonely and stuck. I thought that staying was the worst decision ever, cos things were not happening as I wished. But instead of freaking out, I left all to the rest, to the people around, to the universe. And guess what! Suddenly I have this huge plan in front of my eyes and it fits perfectly. The story goes like this:

The day before yesterday I went to Govindas, a hari krishna restaurant, and once inside the building I saw a sign that said "Mad Dance House". The next minute I was upstairs with a dance classes timetable in my hands. That was enough.

Next day I went back and asked if I could work there to pay the classes and the girl said I had to email the owner of the place: Meg. Few hours later I had written to her and received her answer back asking me to meet her today.

What happened today? The answer is obvious... I've got the job and the free dance classes!!! All I have to do is work in front desk every tuesday and thursday, from 5:00 to 7:45pm. Sweet!

So after all this, I'm staying until december 20th, and if I find a good job during the mornings, I might stay until march.

You see?? This is how life happens... just believing in it.

6 comments:

  1. Felicitaciones!!

    q bueno q encontraste clases de baile gratis!!!! o bueno, por un pequeño trabajo a cambio!

    Disfrutalo sweetie!

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea Ling!!!
    Qué rico que estes feliz!! Se ve que lo estás pasando increíble :)
    Yo acá, para variar estudiando jaja, pero ya queda poquito.
    Ya, prepárate!! Tengo planes de ir a NZ el próximo año, yo creo que en Marzo, para que nos pongamos de acuerdo, y lo pasemos pichocaluga.
    Sube fotos tuyas poh..puros paisajes jaja queremos verte!!
    Besos, te echamos de menos!
    Pau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, nada me pone mas contento que alguna vez haber compartido contigo y con mi paulita ese video de steve jobs...... en fin nunca hay que olvidar "you can not connect the dots looking forward , you can only connect looking backward" and "you have to find what you love", andrea que bueno estes siguiendo esto fielmente, no es facil hacerlo, aca estamos tratando de hacerlo.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeeehhh comments and more comments!
    gracias amiguillos por sus palabras! alimentan mis ganas de seguir escribiendo.
    un beso para cada uno.

    Paula: cuanto tiempo estaras en NZ? porque yo llegare en Agosto 2009! Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats girl!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!!!

    I hope the introduction of your story counts for all of us, for my heart's still back in Chile, and I don't understand very well how I ended up here!!!! LOL
    (though I'm sure my neuroscience professor would have a lot to say about it!) jajajajaja

    I'm glad to hear you're fine, having a good time and dancing (I'm jealous!).
    And I hope you find a great job!!!!!!!

    Tons of hugs and kisses
    miss u badly!!!!!!!!!

    you're ever sweet sister ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely message sis!!! sure it counts for everybody, so just relax and trust in yourself.

    ill let u know how the dance classes goes.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete